We offer a variety of shipping options as well as free pick-up. Due to the nature of our product sizes and weights the auto-generated shipping rates do not always reflect the fiscally best option. We recommend the large projects be ordered over the phone or by email and we can pass along the best rates possible for your items.
Pick-Up: Is free! If you are local please stop by our office to pick-up your pre-ordered components during regular business hours.
Delivery: Barn Depot will personally deliver and unload your products. We travel to most of New England and some of New York. Please call for our flat, hourly rate.
Freight: products are shipped with a national freight company. The large items can be delivered across the United States as well as parts of Canada. There are many options available for this type of delivery - see below.
Parcel: Smaller items are shipped by local parcel services. Online orders will automatically offer this option.
Freight Shipping Rates
Once your order is ready for delivery we will re-estimate the shipping rate. A shipping estimate can not be a guarantee due to changing fuel charges and the time frame between deposit and shipping date. Here is a list of shipping options that may incur additional fees.
- Arrival Notification: customer will be contactedto schedule a delivery time-frame (often complimentary)
- Construction Site Delivery: delivery at a construction site (additional fees)
- Lift Gate at delivery: at time of unloading, the customer requires a lift gate to take the merchandise from truck to ground level. Recommended for large orders (additional fees)
- Limited Access Delivery: includes delivery and pick-up for hospital, college, airport, military bases/installations, camps, parks, churches, prison, school, farms, ranches, fairs and carnivals, mine sites, individual mini storage units, may include other hard to access places (additional fees)
- Residential Delivery: customer's address is located on a residential street or in a residential neighborhood (additional fees)
- Terminal Pick-up: customer elects to pick-up their product at the local terminal (often no additional costs)
Freight Delivery Protocol
The customer is responsible to accept the package and document any damages at time of receipt from trucking company. DO NOT SIGN THE BOL if there is any visible damage. The drivers signature on the BOL is required. Upon acceptance from freight company the customer must open and inspect items for damage within 2 days of receipt and report back to Barn Depot. Any damages not reported within this time frame will not be able to be replace, repaired, etc.
Residential and Limited Access Deliveries: It is the customer’s responsibility to have the proper person receiving items and to get items off the truck in a timely manner. The driver does not have to help and you should make arrangements to have able bodies to get product off truck. When possible (3’ x 4’ long or less) there is a lift gate option to get product to the ground (additional fees). A signature and inspection is required at delivery.
Business Deliveries have to arrange acceptable deliveries times with the freight company. It is the customer’s responsibility to have the proper person receiving items. The driver only has to get items to the back of the truck and is the responsibility of the customer to get off truck. The manner in which pallets or packages are taken off truck is the responsibility of the person operating the fork truck (not driver or Barn Depot). A signature and inspection is required at delivery.
In the rare event that the shipment or product is damaged please contact the office immediately. DO NOT SIGN THE BOL if there is any visible damage. After reporting damages to Barn Depot the claim will be processed with the follow requirements:
- Proof of Delivery (BOL) with damages noted
- Digital pictures
- A written description of damages and what is needed to be replace, repaired, etc.
Please submit all claim details to firstname.lastname@example.org. Any questions can also be directed by e-mail to email@example.com.